Friday, September 10, 2010

Tis the 43rd Day of the Bureaucracy

Folks, I have once again been away from this place that I write pointless unread drivel that I feel an obligation to post for reasons I don't think I'll ever truly understand. Since last I spoke we are all 25 days older and $78,361,331,988.99 deeper into debt.

That being said, I noticed something while looking up that number, we are only a trillion dollars short of our gross domestic product. Now years ago, I promised a big ass party when the two numbers hit a point of equivalence. A celebration of the excess we will no longer enjoy. It's kind of like Mardi Gras, except instead of celebrating before getting rid of meat, we're celebrating just before our national economic collapse. So it's the same idea really. This is similar to the promise that I made in 7th grade, that I would throw a party if/when Dr. Phil and/or Oprah end up in prison for some reason.

So just reminding you, watch the debt clock to know what time the party starts.

Or Court TV, whatever happens first really.

No comments:

Post a Comment