Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Productive Procrastination

I feel an incessant need to post right now and I know for a fact it if because of the sheer magnitude of shit that needs doing. If I didn't have all this shit to do and all the time in the world I would not feel so damn compelled to instead waste time by writing about spilling coffee. I suddenly want to blog about that AP tweet, about private space, about murdering Elliot, about Doritos Locos Tacos and other things and it is all because I have tests to study for and homework that needs to be completed.

So I tell myself I'll just write more when this is all done. But with age comes wisdom and in my case I begin to understand myself. I can write down exactly what I'm going to do. The second this work is done and there is nothing to procrastinate on all of this motivation will dry up and I will sit on a couch and watch a Storage Wars marathon for so long that I actually notice the moment when it repeats. That's when I change the channel to the Duck Dynasty marathon.

    
Oh Willie, you work so hard, but Si so silly.  
Hence without something more important to do, this all falls apart. That is why this summer I am announcing that I am writing a book, chronicling the history of United States National Debt using astrophysical concepts to help the reader understand the scale of the quantities in discussion. The book will compare historical eras of heavy debt to the most recent debt explosion and analyze similarities and differences between now and then. It will then include in depth physical calculations of the debts size and pennies and the destructive force such an object would have if it fell on Earth from space. It would look at the gravitational potential of the debt and see how much it would affect the tides were it it orbit. I will research and write this whole work before September ends.

There we go, that should keep the ol' inspiration in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment