Thursday, April 8, 2010

For Glorious Man Night

As many of you know, I am a huge proponent of nights of manly excess. During my tenure at the Maine School of Sleep-deprivation and Malnutrition, I ran a series of Man Nights, where manly men engaged in gross displays of carnivorous feasting whilst watching films of a generally explosive and plotless nature. Knowing this I was very interested when Mr. Victor Tardiff introduced me to The Expendables.


I was reminded of this movie again today when Hijinks Ensue covered it. It's true, the movie has a fuck load of actors. Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Steve Austin, Terry Crews, Bruce Willis and Mickey Rourke. Arnold Schwartzenager is in it, in spite his gubernatorialness. Brittany Murphy is supposedly in it even though shes been dead for like a fucking year. I am sad Segull and Van Damme turned it down. The idea of one big grandiose tribute to all that is manly and bad ass would be beautiful. At this point I'm waiting for them to announce that Bruce Lee and John Wayne are going to be digitally rendered into the cast and that Chuck Norris is going to fight Mr. T, I mean it's getting close to that in the ridiculously over the top nature of this casting roster.

With this and the A-Team movie (seriously, fucking tank-parachute), this is going to be a good summer for men.

No comments:

Post a Comment